The Burival Family of the Czech Republic and America
This is a genealogy about Vaclav Burival (1710-1787) of Chlumec nad Cidlinou in the Czech Republic and his descendants who lived in Lanskroun and Chrudim in the Czech Republic and in O'Neil, Nebraska in the United States of America.
The Burival Name
The Burival surname is very rare and appears to be of Bohemian Czech origin. We first found it in the 1776 Church Records of Chlumec nad Cidlinou recorded in Latin as Burzival. Later it is recorded in German as Burziwal and in Czech as Buřival. We suspect that the Burival Family of this genealogy and the Burval Family of a companion genealogy are the same family with a spelling variation. However, we have not been able to establish that connection and until we can establish a relationship between these two families we are presenting them as separate families.
Migration Of The Burival Family
We found the Burival name first in the Church records of Chlumec nad Cidlinou in 1776. Unfortunately, the name disappears from Chlumec records by the 1841 death of Ignac Burival.
About 1820, Josef Burival (1801- ), a grandson of Vaclav Burival (1710-1787), removed from Chlumec to Chrudim where he married Josefa Drajerova to form a family in the Town of Chrudim where descendants remain to this day.
Also about 1820, Jiri Burival (1800-1866) another grandson of Vaclav Burival (1710-1787), removed from Chlumec to Lanskroun where he married Karolina Koberova to form a family in the Town of Lanskroun, many of which still live there today.
In the late 1890's Henry Frank Burival (1872-1923) a grandson of Jiri Burival (1800-1866) removed from Lanskroun to Nebraska, United States where he married Ludmilla Polak in 1898 to form a large family in Nebraska where his descendants remain to this day.
Please note: Only persons that are deceased are posted on these web pages. For information on living members of this family contact us as at the address at the bottom of this page.
Family TreesA family tree starting with the progenitor or earliest known person of this family is listed below. By clicking on any family members name in that tree that individual's personal page will appear showing what we know about that individual.
List of Family Members
Notable PeopleA listing of notable persons who are members of this family.
- Vaclav Buříival (1710-1787) Progenitor of the Buříval Family of Chlumec nad Cidlinlou.
- Josef Buříival (1801- ) Removed from Chlumec to Chrudim about 1820 to form the Buříval Family of Chrudim.
- Jíří Buříival (1800-1866 ) Removed from Chlumec to Lanskroun about 1820 to form the Buříval Family of Lanskroun.
- Marie Burival (1870-1943) Moved to the Nebraska in 1891, married Frank Meyer and raised a large family.
- Henry Frank Burival (1867) Immigrated to the United State in 1891 to become progenitor of the Burival family in O'Neil, Nebrtaska.
- Frank H Meyer (1860-1942) Husband of Marie Buřival (1870-1943)
- John Sobotka (1892-1984) Husband of Irene Meyer (1893-1922) of Nebraska