The Burval Family of Policka
The Burval Family of Policka all appear to descend from Vašek(c1525-c1575) of the Village of Trhonice in the Czech Repulic. This is a genealogy about him and his descendants who lived in the Bohemian-Moravian Highlands of the Czech Republic. The earliest record of this family was found in the 1575 land books of the Town of Policka, Bohemia, which shows Vašek(c1525-c1575) of Trhonice to be the progenitor of this family. Since the 14th century, these families lived in the Bohemian villages of Trhonice and Sedlište and by the late 15th century migrated into Policka and its surrounding villages as migrating into the Moravian villages of Borovnice, Jimramov, Široké Pole, Nový Jimramov, Dankovice, Vríšt.
Please note: Only persons that are deceased are posted on these web pages. For information on living members of this family contact us at the address at the bottom of this page.
Family TreesA family tree starting with the progenitor or earliest known person of this family is listed below. By clicking on any family members name in that tree that individual's personal page will appear showing what we know about that individual.
List of Family Members
Notable PeopleA listing of notable persons who are members of this family.
- Vašek Buřval (c1525-c1575 ) of Trhonice The progenitor of the Burval Family of Moravia
- Vitek Buřval (c1550-c1593 ) of Trhonice The son of Vašek of Trhonice.
- Jan Buřval (c1575- ) of Sediště The son of Vitek of Trhonice and the first to use the Buřval name as a surname.
- Jiři Buřval (c1660- ) of Sediště Son of Jan Buřval (1627- ). First to move across the Svratka River boundary between Moravia and Bohemia into the Moravian Town of Borovnice.
- Matěj Buřval (1715- ) of Boronvice Son of Martin Buřval (1688- ). First to move further into Moravia by marrying Alžběta Slavičková of Novy Jimramov and moving to Novy Jimramov.